If you are confused about how to assist students in claiming their accounts on the CCPS Portal, please review these helpful tips.
Staring the Account Claim Process
Students should start the account claim process by accessing the CCPS Portal at my.clayton.k12.ga.us. They should select “Claim My Account” and enter the requested information.
View the video demonstration below.
Helpful Tips for Students Having Trouble Logging In
For the students who have already claimed their account but do not remember their password, they will need to follow the steps below.
2. Students will need to choose “Forgot My Password” in which they will be presented with a series of challenge questions. If students respond correctly, they will be allowed to change their password. Please note that the password should be new. The system will not accept a password that was used in the last 90 days.
4. If students have forgotten their challenge questions, the Technology Department will have to reset their accounts. Please create a ticket with the category of “Instructional Technology”. State the name(s) of students that should be reset. Include the following information in the ticket.
Firstname Lastname StudentID# (with the zero)
After the accounts are reset, students will need to go through the claim process again, from the beginning.
If students are receiving the “Authentication Failed” message when attempting to log on to the CCPS Portal, they are using incorrect credentials. Please verify that the student is logging in with the same information that is available in Infinite Campus.
If a student is trying to claim their account and receives the “The Account Claim operation failed” message, they have either already claimed their account and will need to click the “Need Help” button, or they are are entering information incorrectly. Students MUST enter information EXACTLY as it appears in Infinite Campus.
Other Helpful Tips
- Once a student begins the process, make sure to complete all steps in one session.
- Once a student begins the process, do NOT hit the browser’s “back” button.
- Do not close tabs or the browser until the process is complete.
- Student IDs must be 7 digits. Students need to add a zero to the front of their student ID. We have seen some students try to enter the letter “O” instead of a zero, invert numbers, or just enter their number/name incorrectly.
- Students MUST enter first and last name EXACTLY as it appears in Infinite Campus (Hyphens, apostrophes, spaces in names, spelling, etc…).
- Make notes of answers to challenge questions. Only answer THREE.
- If a student forgets his/her password, they will need to reset it themselves (or with teacher help when appropriate). In order to reset a password, students must be able to answer their 3 challenge questions.